Essential Skills for UX Professionals
Who is this for?
This course is for people who want to upskill or kickstart their career in the UX field.
Perhaps you’re seeking a more exciting and creative career path? You could be a budding designer seeking a route into the world of tech, or maybe you are already working in design or a design related field and are looking to solidify your knowledge. We have had successes for people working in research, business analysis and testing as well as product owners, team leaders and business owners, looking to develop key insights to their user base.
What will you get?
These are the key skills needed by anyone serious about improving user and customer experience - you’ll get:
- A thorough understanding of UX, service design and customer experience
- The ability to identify users and customers through personas and empathy mapping.
- Knowledge to write a business driven value proposition that fits user and customer needs
- A thorough understanding of how to use UX artefacts such as: wireframing, prototypes and user journey mapping.
- An understanding of the importance of benchmarking and integrating metrics into your workflow
If you are looking to start a career in UX, you will also complete this course with a portfolio of work to help with employment opportunities as well as 1-1 help and support with job searches and interviews.
The course contents are the key skills needed and valued by teams that are really interested in developing products and services that people love:
- User focused design process
- Understanding users, intention and impact
- Creating assets to improve designs
- Measurement of success metrics
You'll learn all the necessary fundamentals in user experience, customer experience, accessibility, and usability. We will also cover research, planning, testing, and measurement.
What’s in the course?
- What is Experience Design?
- What makes a great ux?
- Experience mapping and user journey planning
- Creating great user personas
- Empathy mapping and value propositions
- Wireframing & prototyping
- Measurement: important metrics & KPIs
- UX design processes
- Customer experience & service design
- Omni-channel experience & competitor analysis
This course generally runs over 12 weeks in half day sessions, occasionally once or twice a week. They are delivered remotely and we provide the option to attend outside of your working hours, so it fits easily around your existing commitments.
These sessions are supplemented with additional guided but self led learning, shorter ‘lunch-and-learn’ sessions on key skills and knowledge as well as ad hoc 1-1 support and coaching.
In this career we never stop learning - an appetite for learning and self teaching and a clear interest in the job are the most important things we can show. This course is designed to help you showcase these traits with real world examples and an understanding of the tools of the trade and working best practice.
You do not need any formal qualifications or niche experience to join this course. As long as you are curious, want to grow, and possess basic digital skills (I.e - can use email, word processors, and spreadsheets), then you are more than welcome to join.
Whatever your background you will be very welcome on this course - you’ll learn crucial skills from the best in the business - all whilst making connections and broadening your network, powering up your career from this point forwards.