Who is this for?
This is the course for you if you want to learn the crucial skills required to plan and run creative and digital projects.
You could already work as a PM but are looking to brush up and solidify your skills and knowledge - capitalise on emerging digtal tools and AI services. You might be seeking a career change with an expansive set of transferable skills or you might be a creative business owner or team leader wishing to develop and increase your knowledge and capabilities.
Whatever position you find yourself in, sign up today to acquire the vital skills and experience needed to excel in the project management sphere.
What will you get?
You’ll be taught and coached by expert professional project managers on all the key skills and knowledge needed to start or power up a career in digital project management. By the end of the course you will have:
- A thorough understanding of project management process (agile and waterfall)
- Overview and introduction to varios AI tools and services to maximise efficiency
- Practical experience using digital project management systems and tools.
- Ability to confidently plan projects and define a Minimum Viable Product.
- Improve essential core skills in communication and presentation.
- Improve efficiency with automations and integrated processes.
The course contents are THE key skills needed and valued by businesses. These are derived from a consensus from team leaders and employers from a wide variety of teams and companies. We will demonstrate practical skills in project management that you can start using straight away - this is a course by doers, for doers.
All sessions are devised, reviewed and delivered by professionals from the tech industry and are under constant review and improvement to ensure they are as relevant and current as possible.
- How projects work and what can cause them to fail.
- Choose the right management system for the project.
- Key skills for communication.
- Planning, estimating and reporting on project progress.
The course is made up of 16, 3-hour sessions running over a 12 week period, during which we will cover:
- Understanding Projects and Workflows.
- Time Management.
- Introduction to Testing.
- Procedures and Automation.
- Roles and Resourcing in Digital Projects.
- Understanding The Customer and Briefs.
- The Project/Product Life Cycle.
- Defining an MVP.
- Understanding Agile.
- Scrum Workshop (with Lego).
This course generally runs over 12 weeks in half day sessions. These are delivered remotely and we provide options to attend outside of working hours to make it easier to fit around your existing commitments.
These sessions are supplemented with additional guided but self led learning, shorter ‘lunch-and-learn’ sessions on key skills and knowledge as well as ad hoc 1-1 support and coaching.
In this career we never stop learning - an appetite for learning and self teaching and a clear interest in the job are the most important things we can show. This course is designed to help you showcase these traits with real world examples and an understanding of the tools of the trade and working best practice.
There are no prerequisites for this course other than a suitable level of digital literacy - e.g. use of email, word processing and spreadsheets.
You do not need any formal qualifications. We are looking for aptitude and enthusiasm. If you are an organised person with good attention to detail who likes to drive a project forwards, that will be enough for us.