Accessibility Apprenticeship Level 4
You may be wanting to switch into a career in accessibility or you may already be in a profession where skills in digotal accessiblity are needed such as:
Developers: Enhance your coding skills by integrating accessibility principles into your development projects.
QA and Testing Professionals: Become an accessibility testing expert, ensuring digital products meet the needs of all users.
Project Managers: Learn to lead inclusive projects that prioritize accessibility and user-centered design.
UX Designers: Incorporate accessibility into your designs, creating products that are user-friendly for all.
Researchers: Understand the impact of accessibility research and contribute to more inclusive user experiences.
Advanced Skills: Elevate your expertise by mastering accessibility principles and best practices.
Career Advancement: Open doors to leadership roles in accessibility, quality assurance, project management, and UX design.
Real-World Impact: Make a tangible difference by ensuring technology is accessible to individuals of all abilities.
Inclusivity Champion: Be recognized as an advocate for diversity, equality, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry.
Join us on this transformative journey to become an accessibility expert and shape a more inclusive digital world. Start your Accessibility Apprenticeship today!
Are you passionate about making technology accessible to all? Do you want to be part of a movement that ensures no one is left behind in the digital world? The Digital Accessibility Specialist apprenticeship is your path to a rewarding career in the heart of the tech industry.
You will cover everything in the world of accessibility form a practical position, auditing testing and using products to ensure inclusivity. The course also focusses on documentation and advocacy to bring your new skills and expertise to your wider team.
- Understanding Accessibility Principles: Master the principles of digital accessibility, becoming a champion for inclusive design.
- Testing and Evaluation: Gain the skills to assess and improve digital accessibility, making technology more usable for all.
- Technical Skills: Learn to implement accessibility features within web and digital applications using industry-standard technologies.
- Document Accessibility: Create accessible documents, ensuring information reaches everyone, regardless of abilities.
- Assistive Technologies: Understand how to make digital content compatible with assistive tools used by individuals with disabilities.
- User Experience (UX) Design: Integrate accessibility into the UX design process, creating inclusive and user-friendly products.
- Legal and Compliance Knowledge: Understand the legal requirements and standards related to digital accessibility.
- Communication and Advocacy: Develop effective communication skills to promote accessibility within organisations.
- Project Management: Learn project management methodologies to implement accessibility improvements efficiently.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with evolving accessibility standards and technologies.
The recommended course duration is 24 months but most of our apprentices complete their training in 18 months.
Before you start our team will help you complete a skills gap analysis and a review of core training. This will help us to agree on the correct course length for you and also set up your unique learning plan.
The course consists of the core curriculum above which is delivered mainly in half day remote sessions. On top of this you will also be working to a specific and personal learning plan co created with team members from your employer - this will ensure that you are learning the languages, systems and frameworks that matter to you and your team.
You will be appointed a technical coach with real industry experience for information, advice and guidance throughout your apprenticeship journey.
We also run additional specialised workshops in specific skills like API creation and consumption, Agile planning and best practices, JAMStack, Automation, Testing and more are being added as the suggestions come through.
We also run field trips to meetups, camps, conferences and other industry events to help broaden your horizons and extend your professional network.