6 mins read time
Our web and app development bootcamp is a one-of-a-kind chance to learn new digital skills, create job opportunities, and boost your employability, putting you on the path to a more rewarding career.
The entire course is completely free, delivered remotely (lockdown-safe), and taught by experienced professionals.
We’re very pleased to announce that we have already run one course between January and March, which was an overwhelming success. As a result, we’re excited to confirm that we'll be extending this programme to run additional courses between April and July 2021.
Spaces are limited, so don’t hesitate to register your interest today!
Why You Need to Apply
Now more than ever, digital skills training is a great way to open up new opportunities, and give yourself a better chance of enjoying a long, successful career in a digital-first world.
That’s why the government is investing £2.5 billion for the National Skills Fund through the Department for Education, and The Coders Guild is excited to announce that we’ll be a part of this programme.
Working in partnership with the West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA), we’re providing FREE training courses to help people in the local area gain valuable, relevant digital skills, and support you in realising your full potential for a brighter future.
We have a long list of businesses of all shapes and sizes across West Yorkshire who are actively looking to hire talented people like you through this programme, with the number of UX jobs set to rise significantly in 2021.
In addition to direct access to those employers, participants on this course will also come away with:
- Coaching in modern employability skills, and guidance through UX role-specific hiring processes
- Invitations to employer engagement events, and help finding a job where you can use the UX design skills you’ll have learned
- A high-demand digital skill-set needed by employers today across almost every industry and sector
What You’ll Learn
You’ve probably heard the term “UX" before, but what does it really mean?
This is your chance to learn not just what UX is all about, but also how to design a great UX yourself, and make this part of your future career path.
UX is all about interacting directly with people who use digital products like mobile apps now, to create better technology for the future, and this course will teach you the skills to do exactly that.
You’ll learn about user experience as well as customer experience, plus the principles of accessibility and usability. You’ll also learn about researching, planning, testing, and the measurement of technology. This will allow you to see how we actually know whether something works well, whether it needs to be improved, and the best ways to improve it.
You’ll gain a full understanding of how we design and develop better digital services, features, and products, and deliver more value to users, customers, and clients as a result!
Being well-versed in great UX design is a skill-set which is in high demand among employers right now, and that demand is only set to continue rising in 2021 and beyond.
When will the bootcamps run?
- These bootcamps will run between January and March, and between April and July
- Each course lasts 12 weeks, and is part-time (roughly between 8 and 16 hours per week on average)
Where will they be held?
- These bootcamps will be delivered entirely remotely, helping you continue to learn and develop despite the restrictions of lockdown
- We will hold a mixture of instructor-led seminars, interactive group training sessions, more general webinars, and work to do in your own time
How will you take part?
- A mixture of teaching and training in small groups
- Some work to be done in your own time
- Challenge-based problem solving applicable in future jobs
- Primarily self-driven learning for your own long-term benefit
What else will you learn?
- In addition to employability skills, we’ll also provide help with job-specific interview preparation, real-world problem solving, and personal development
- In other words, we’ll get you ready to land the job you’re looking for!
We know times are tough right now. But we can help you learn valuable new digital skills and discover exciting new career opportunities.
Register for this FREE digital skills boot camp training here
More Free Skills Bootcamps
- Software Testing Bootcamp: More Info // Apply NOW
Even More Free Skills Bootcamps
There are more skills boot camps available from other providers - please see SkillsBootCamps.com for more info.