Improving Website Security
Who is this for?
This course is aimed at software and security professionals as well as anyone interested in the cybersecurity, including:
- Security professionals
What will you get?
- Learn the underlying security issues of the web
- Understand the threats against websites and apps
- Use the tools which are key to preventing cyberattacks and web vulnerabilities
- How to employ new defence techniques and architectures
You’ll gain insight into common attacks and countermeasures. This course gives you the knowledge and skills to build better and more secure sites and apps.
- SQL Injection
- Cross Site Scripting (XSS)
- Broken Authentication
- Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service)
- Brute Force
There are no prerequisites for this course other than a suitable level of digital literacy - e.g. use of email, word processing, and spreadsheets.
You do not need any formal qualifications, we are looking for aptitude and enthusiasm - if you want a website that is secure, that will be enough for us.
Please make sure you fill out the application form outlining your understanding so far and ambitions for the future.