Crucial Skills for Software Testers
Who is this for?
This is the course for you if you want to learn the crucial skills required to become a great software tester.
Maybe you’re a developer looking to test your own work or carry out better peer reviews for your team. Or perhaps you’re a project or account manager who wants to be confident that whatever goes to the customer is as good as it can be. Your existing role may be in testing or QA but you would benefit with solidifying your knowledge of the job.
Whatever position you find yourself in, sign up today to acquire the vital skills and experience needed to excel in the software testing workplace.
What will you get?
You’ll be taught and coached by expert professional software testers, on all the key skills and knowledge needed to start or power up a career in software testing. By the end of the course you will have:
- A thorough understanding of the fundamental principles of software testing.
- The key skills and best practices needed to test software correctly.
- The knowledge on how to plan, test and what to test when.
- A thorough understanding of the different sorts of testing you can use – and how to choose correctly.
- The ability to communicate successfully within a tech team setting.
- The knowledge and skills needed to successfully optimise testing through automation.
You will also complete this course with a portfolio of work to help with employment opportunities as well as 1-1 help and suport with job searches and interviews.
- A portfolio of work to help with employment opportunities.
- Help and support for job searches.
The course contents are THE key skills required and valued by testing teams. These are derived from a consensus, from team leaders and employers from a wide variety of teams and companies. All sessions are devised, reviewed and delivered by professionals from the software testing industry and are under constant review and improvement, to ensure they are as relevant and current as possible.
You will cover
- Fundamental principles of software testing
- How to plan testing and what to test when
- The many different sorts of testing we can use and how to choose
- Communication - specifically within a tech team setting
- Key skills and best practice
The course is made up of 16, 3-hour sessions, running over a 12 week period. During which, we will cover:
- What Is Testing?
- What Is Quality?
- Think Like A Tester
- Testing Fundamental And Principles
- Exploratory Testing And Management
- Testing Specific Communication
- I've found a bug! What next?
- Showcasing - via public speaking and presentations
- Retro & Agile
- Testing Strategies
- Technical Testing
- Employability Skills
Additional support sessions will be provided to help you find employment, which will cover:
- Tech Interview Techniques
- Tech CV writing
- Using LinkedIn to find work
- And more…
12 weeks • Remote
This course generally runs over 12 weeks in half day sessions. They are delivered remotely and we provide the option to attend outside of your working hours, so it fits easily around your existing commitments.
These sessions are supplemented with additional guided but self led learning, shorter ‘lunch-and-learn’ sessions on key skills and knowledge as well as ad hoc 1-1 support and coaching.
In this career we never stop learning - an appetite for learning and self teaching along with a clear interest in the job are the most important things we can show. This course is designed to help you showcase these traits with real world examples and an understanding of the tools of the trade and working best practice.
You do not need any formal qualifications or niche experience to join this course. As long as you are curious, want to grow, and possess basic digital skills (I.e - can use email, word processors, and spreadsheets), then you are more than welcome to join.
Whatever your background, you will be very welcome on this course - you’ll learn crucial skills from the best in the business - all whilst making connections and broadening your network, powering up your career from this point forwards.Apply Now